Maranatha Jesus International is a Bible based Christian organization, Founded and under the leadership of Prophet Abera Kebede.
It is based on Isaiah 61: 1-3
The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; 2 to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn; 3 to grant to those who mourn in Zion to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit; that they may be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he may be glorified.
THE MEANING OF MARANATHA
The word "Maranatha" is a phrase (from a Syriac dialect of the Aramaic) that, according to present consensus , means: "Our LORD comes". It was used as a greeting in the early church. As Christian believers gather they express welcomes and departures by saying: "Maranatha". Think with me how great it would be if our churches could keep the same upward look.
A DIFFERENT APPROACH TO FASTING
Besides giving up food, there are other ways we can welcome Jesus's healing touch.
- FAST FROM ANGER AND HATRED - Give your family an extra doze of love each day.
- FAST FROM JUDGING OTHERS - Before making any judgements recall how Jesus overlooks our faults.
- FAST FROM DISCOURAGEMENT - Hold on to Jesus' promise that He has a perfect plan for your life.
- FAST FROM COMPLAINING - When you find yourself about to complain, close your eyes and recall some of the little moments of joy Jesus has given you.
- FAST FROM RESENTMENT OF BITTERNESS - Work on forgiving those who may have hurt you.
- FAST FROM SPENDING TOO MUCH MONEY - Try to reduce your spending by ten percent and give those savings to the poor.
- SPEND EXTRA TIME FOR PERSONAL PRAYERS